We’re always looking for new members to join the Wild Rose family. For information on current job opportunities, please email email@example.com. Or please text/call 587-784-6322
Carnival Workers (Seasonal)
Company: Wild Rose Shows Inc.
Business information: Wild Rose travels all over Alberta and parts of Saskatchewan and Northwest Territories from April through September. We now have nearly 50 attractions, while many of the classic rides that are a part of our humble beginnings continue to ride on with us. As we look forward to the next 50 years, we hope to continue to expand our amusements and maintain our position as Alberta’s premier travelling carnival!
Business Address: 450 South Ave., Spruce Grove, AB, T7X 3A4
Work Location: Different locations in Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Northwest Territories
Type of Employment: Full Time – Seasonal / 6-month contract
Estimated Start Date: Late April 2023
– Assist in the set-up and tear down of rides, food concession and games.
– Operate recreational facility equipment such as rides, food concessions and games
– Collect tickets for rides
– Oversee operating of rides and ensure the safety of participants
– Participate in the upkeep of the overall appearance of the shows
– Assist patrons on and off rides as needed
– Maintain a clean work area inside and out of food concession
– Secure and release safety equipment on rides such as safety belts and bars
– Perform routine maintenance and safety checklists of attractions
– Operate rides and other attractions
– Oversee game activities and ensure safety of participants
– May sell tickets.
– May drive trucks, vans, and other vehicles to transport amusement rides, games and other attractions to amusement attraction sites.
Education: Not required
Experience: Experience is an asset. On-the-job training is provided.
Driver’s license is an asset
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Standing for extended periods, inclement weather conditions
Personal Suitability: Team player, Flexibility, Judgement, Reliability, Client focus, Efficient interpersonal skills
Work Setting: Various community locations.
Language: Basic level of English is required
– Transportation from location to location is provided.
– Bunkhouses/RV trailers are available for housing at a discounted rate
– Travel expenses costs covered if a worker needs to relocate for the season.
- Workers must travel to different cities in Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Northwest Territories for 5 months (from April to October). Workers are needed for next season starting in Late April 2023.
- 2 to 3 set up days (one to two) setting up and one maintenance which may include cleaning). Shifts usually start at 9:00 am.
– 3 operational days; first day shift starts at 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm. Second day shift starts at 12:00 pm to 11:00 pm. Third day shift starts at 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm. May be additional operational days dependent on location. Shift start and end times may vary. Tear down starts as soon as carnival closes on last day of spot.
– Work schedule is 5 or 6 days per week. One day off on a rotational basis if working 6 days on that week.
– Flexibility in schedule is required. Work on weekends and holidays is required.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org